Anyone who runs the Marathon des Sables (Marathon of Sand) makes me look normal. Forget Leadville or the Hardrock 100, the Marathon Des Sables is a a 6 day, 151 mile foot race across the Sahara Desert. If that doesn’t sound crazy by itself, participants have to carry all their gear and food for all six days themselves (they generously provide you with tents and water each night). Highlights of its 25 year history include Mauro Prosperi, who in 1994 became lost in a sandstorm and wandered in the desert for 9 days and lost 30 pounds before being rescued, as well as two deaths (though given the conditions, that seems impressively low).
- King of Tokyo (Review) whenitalkaboutrunning.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/kin… 8 months ago
- Running In Circles: The New Jersey One Day wp.me/p1jly2-op 3 years ago
- I've signed up for my first ever 24-hour run. I'm raising money to fight Lou Gehrig's. Support if you can, or RT crowdrise.com/run4ford 3 years ago
- RT @voyagercomics: Looking for cartoonist / comic artist in NYC who wants to visit a high school class the wekk of March 4th. Would app ... 4 years ago
- Selfhosted Wordpress question: site won't show "previous pages." When I click "previous," the URL claims its "pg 2" but it reloads 1. help? 4 years ago
- 50K achiva energy altra instincts angelica barefoot barefoot running bear mountain bed-stuy beer blogs born to run bridges brooklyn Buddhism central park christopher mcdougall cigarettes crown heights dean karnazes ditmas park dog ft. green goals greenpoint greenway gym park harlem hot injuries injury ipod jackrabbit jogging stroller kurt hahn long run lunch hour lunch time runs mccombs dam bridge murakami musings nat night running no meat athlete nyrr prospect park pulaski bridge quote races rain recovery run review run run for the rabbit running running log runs saucony school shoes snow speed work spring stress teaching tired track trail running training ultra ultramarathon ultra training vibrams washington heights winter zen